Sunday, May 13, 2012

It's Me!


So this will be the only post I do that doesn’t contain some sort of useful (at least something I find useful) tutorial, but I thought some sort of introduction/about me was in order J

My name is Erika, and I was born and raised in Kansas. I did a year of college in Tennessee but due to some financial and familial changes I have decided to come back to Kansas to finish my degree. I am a sophomore double major in Biology and Chemistry with minors in Spanish and Psychology; I plan to go to med school for psychiatry.

But before the big time pay checks start rolling in, I have about 10 years of living on a part time job salary. In the summer I take two to three classes, usually about 10-14 hours, while working as a lifeguard, and I’m hoping to get a part time job at Hobby Lobby (my own personal Mount Olympus) during the school year.
So I make about $900 a month. While my parents help some with college, most of tuition, all of my books, and any cost of living expenses are on me. My boyfriend of 2 years and I have decided that an apartment is the cheapest place to live while going to college, and so here’s my goal: I want to be able to have an apartment that doesn’t look like a college kid apartment.

So a little about my DIY style: I don’t really believe in measuring in most projects. A lot of times it just doesn’t seem useful. I also do not have any tool that costs more than $10 because those tools tend to make projects too expensive to be worth it for me (however I do have an extensive wish list of expensive tools). I’m a fan of knock off’s, copy cat recipes, and sewing projects that don’t require complicated measurements.

I’m not sure how regular my posts will be as I am, as I said, taking ridiculous numbers of classes this summer, but I promise I have about 12 million ideas. That seems to be about it about me, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment